Thursday, December 18, 2008

Xmas Eve

Sorry I have not been keeping up with the blog. Nichole has been doing a great job keeping the Care Page updated so you can always check there. Here is the latest info that Nichole posted on the Care Page. Happy Holidays to all!!!

Hello!
I just wanted to let everyone know that Dawn's next surgery is scheduled for Christmas Eve. She picked this day because it was the earliest they could get her in and I think she just wants to get it over with.
I asked her last Saturday - Dawn, you don't care that it's on Christmas Eve? And she said "No." So, Santa will have to make a special stop for Dawn.
The good news is that this should be her last surgery, which is more than exciting. And as soon as she heals from this surgery, she can start practicing how to walk on her prosthetic legs. She told me she is tired of sitting! I can't blame her!
As soon as I hear that she's out of surgery next week, I will send a new update.
I know Dawn's family and friends want to send an extra thank you for all of the support everyone has shown throughout this year. The letters, emails, donations, and prayers have helped more than you will know. So, a big thank you to all of you!

No comments: