Sunday, June 22, 2008

Update

Sorry I have not been writing any updates lately but I was in Colorado for a much needed vacation.  I hope you all have been keeping up with Dawn's CarePage.  Coley has been giving some great updates!  In case you haven't, this is some of the exciting things that have happened in just the past two weeks:

Dawn has been walking!  She started by walking only 55 feet and everyday she walks a little more!  Go Dawn!  She has also been enjoying her weekends away from the hospital.  She went to her apartment one Saturday and then to her father's house to celebrate Father's Day.  She is getting her life back and spending her time doing the things she loves!

The benefit is soon approaching so if you are selling tickets, raffle or benefit, get them sold!  Also, if you need benefit tickets contact Amy Rohan or another committee member.  Don't forget to save the date, July 18th!  Any donations/baskets for the benefit should be given to a committee member to bring to our meeting on Tuesday, June 24.  

Thanks again for your continued support!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to hear you are up and moving Dawn! That is really impressive...Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Although you dont know me, I have been following Dawn's story for a few months now. She is a friend of a special person in my life, Kristen Batzer, who told me of her friend Dawn and how special she is.

My thoughts and prayers are with Dawn and your family.

I am currently trying to get articles to sell at auction to be sent to you ( i have been on email with Carrie ) .In particular some signed David Beckham shirts and his book.

I have a contact who knows the Beckham family well, and knowing David's work with malarianomore.com, have been trying to get him involved in either donating more or at least to highlight further the fight against the disease.

I have , with Carrie' s permission also highlighted Dawns story to friends of mine in journalism, who, are interested in her story. The one newspaper writer who was interested in exploring this further explained to me recently it would be part of a bigger article about Malaria and may not be picked up for a while. I was hoping publicity like this would be a good spring board to raise money through 'luvadub' t-shirt sales here for her but may come too late.

If there is anything I can do, on this side of the world for your cause, please dont hesitate to ask. The strength and support she has from you all has been inspiring to me.

Thankyou .

basil.


(e) Basil76@gmail.com